STREET DEPARTMENT - TRASH BINS AND PICKUP CHANGES
CHANGES COMING TO
CURBSIDE TRASH PICK-UP
NEW ROUTES BEGINNING OCT. 23, 2017
ATTENTION GREENSBURG RESIDENTS
Beginning October 2nd thru October 20th, new wheeled 96 gal. trash carts will be delivered to your home. Each home will receive one (1) new trash cart. These new trash carts are to be used in place of your personal trash cans and you can start using them immediately.
The new routes will begin on October 23rd. Trash will still be picked up weekly but a few routes have been changed. (Please refer to the enclosed map and street listing). There is also a colored sticker on top of your trash cart that coordinates with the colors on the map and shows the day of the week your trash will be picked up.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
- Be sure that ALL trash is in bags inside your new trash cart with the lid closed. They will not pick up trash that is left outside of the trash cart.
- Do not place any yard waste or construction materials in the trash cart.
- Place trash cart 2 feet from the curb with arrows pointing towards the street.
- Trash carts are to stay with the property and not go with owner when moving
- Trash carts must be set out by 7:00 am on collection day and we ask that the trash carts are moved back to the residence within 24 hrs. of collection.
Your first trash cart is free. If you need an additional cart(s) there will be a one-time charge of $85 (per cart) along with an extra $3.50 monthly trash collection fee for each additional cart. If you need an additional cart or have any questions, please contact City Hall at 812-663-3344 or the Street Department at 812-663-5634.